Sudden trip to Bekenu

We planned to spend our weekend at Miri while visiting my Grandma. We departed from Bintulu around 12 noon after having our lunch at the coffee shop opposite Old Sing Kwong. My dad was driving and my mum and sis followed too. My brother, Dwen, is left HOME ALONE because he has a part time job at a spare part shop now.

On the way to Miri, i was talking with my sister and eventually fell asleep with my mp4. Then, while half asleep, i heard my dad saying something about wanting to buy some fruits from Bekenu so he turned into the Bekenu junction and continue to drive. I fall asleep again. A sudden sharp turn awaken me from my nap and i recognize the small rocky road that leads to our small 3 acre farm. My dad wanted to check out the farm and see how is the condition of it. It has been abandoned for quite long. We drove the waja through the thick bushy lane and the 'rumput lalang' (thatch grass) was so long that the leaves were brushing on the sides of the car.



Eventually, we stopped at a small junction which my dad was convince is the border of our land. He took his 'parang' from the car boot and went to explore the land. Before he get down from the car, he said:" aiya ... why i suddenly feel like want to berak ah ?" We didn't said much because we are still blurry as we just woke up from our nap. Then we opened the car door and just look out on the scenery of the forest. My mum was totally attracted by the buah rimuk tree right at the side of the car with 3 to 4 buah rimuk growing on it. My dad went to look for buah rimuk at our land and found it !





My dad ventured a bit deeper and looked for galah (a long pole branch to take fruits down from high trees ) to jolok the buah rimuk. At one point of time, my mum was wondering where my dad went because there was a sudden silence in the forest. We were suppose to be able to hear my dad using his parang to cut away the lalang. Then the sound came back again after a few moments and he continued his attempt to jolok the buah rimuk. My sis, Charlene, meanwhile, was BUSY trying to chase the insects which accidentally flew into our car and got stucked at the back windshield trying to get out. My mum was busy looking at the buak rimuk tree imagining herself eating it, while i'm still day dreaming because i'm not totally awake.

My dad came back with 3 buah rimuk. RIght after he sit in the car, he let out a sound of satisfaction saying :" Wow ... long time i didn't berak in the forest ... so nice the feeling ... " none of us realize what he meant, until after a while then we realize that he went to berak at the forest !! No wonder at one point of time there was a long silence in the forest !! OMG !! We were all like " eewwww !! " and i asked " how did u clean ur burit ?? " Luckily he was clever enough to bring some tissue paper along. WHew !! If not ... i won't TOUCH the buah rimuk at all !

Next, we turned into the opposite road with a big sign board written with the words " JPS Farm " ... me and my sis thought that "JPS" is a company name. After listening to the conversation between my dad and mum only then we realize that it's a person's name. Ish !

My dad brought us to see our other farm. We had to go through other ppl's land to reach our land. It is still a total jungle as no one has worked on it yet. My dad showed us the boundary of the land which was bigger than a football field ! Wow ! Never knew that we had such big land ! Then we went over to my uncle's farm which was just beside our land and we saw a langsat tree with many ripe langsat on it. We (except my dad) were fascinated to see the way the langsat grows on the tree !




This tree is full of langsat ! Look closely !

For eric, now you know what is langsat ?

The fruits grew in bundles protruding from the branch. It was kinda weird looking but definitely looks very delicious ! Hahaha ~ My dad started looking for galah to jolok the langsats again. The fruits are all riped and it would be a pity to leave it on the tree and go rotten. Actually, we are sort of stealing fruits from other ppl's farm ! Hahahha ~ But it's my uncle's farm so ... no MAJOR harm done. When we were young, we used to stay overnight at the small pondok at the farm during fruit season. Photos shown below :

- to be uploaded soon !

I was even bitten by red ants while taking pictures of the langsat tree ! So painful ! and the lalang grass were cutting my skin because i was wearing shorts. Now my legs are full of scars and My new WHITE sandals also turned yellow from the dirty mud. *sigh*

We headed out to the road and my dad stopped by Mr JPS house on the way to greet him. He was building his own house to extend it. It looks very normal from the outside. Once we went into the house, we were astounded ! It's so beautiful and very country like ! We all simply loved the design of the house ! It was sort of like a one storey bungalow house plus a zoo plus a clubhouse ! The pictures taken by us from the house would explain what i meant by zoo and clubhouse.

- to be uploaded soon !

He built verandah's and balconies with different levels following the terrain of the land, because it was like a slope going down. They were lots of plants with big huge leaves below which made it looked so nice and natural ! Then there were so many animals around his house that my sis and i just couldn't stop walking around and look at those animals ! We miss the opportunity to take the picture of the python he caught when i was only about 6 years old and it's still alive until today !! There are 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 monkeys, fishes, tortoises, a big bullfrog, a wildboar, and some chickens. We didn't take picture of the wildboar too because the cage was too far away and honestly, we're quite afraid to go near. Hahaha ~

^ This is the bigger monkey

^ little monkey stunned by rambutan

PHOTO COMMENT : squirrel skin -in the process of drying

PHOTO COMMENT : a closer look - mr JPS skinned them .. !


- more pictures of the animals - to be uploaded soon !

Mr JPS is my dad's teacher in primary 6 and he is still very good looking even though he is in his sixties to seventees. He is a very very nice person but poor him and his wife lost their only son at Bario many years back. My dad said that his son was a very good looking and handsome youngman and it is a great loss and pity for the boy to leave the world. He gave us another 2 buah rimuk which he just plucked from his tree and 3 durians ! YEAPPIE !! Durians !! My FAVOURITE FRUIT !!

Mr JPS made coffee for us and some bananas. Damn ! the bananas are the most delicious and sweetest that i have ever tasted ! It looked so nice from the outside and the inside is simply too delicious ! I sooooo wanted to finish it all but .... not nice la .... we are guest what ! hahaha ~ no manners !


then my sis and i went to feed the monkey with rambutans because we saw the monkey pulling the rambutan tree growing just beside its cage. We even recorded a national geographic style film on how the monkey eat the rambutan !

- video to be uploaded soon !

It was a very interesting trip for us today. We thanked uncle JPS and left his place reluctantly and headed towards another of our land at the other side of the road. But my dad couldn't drive further in as the road was too muddy and we are worried that our car might get stucked in the middle of the forest. So we cancelled that plan and went to my aunt's land in Lusut, Miri. We only went over to see the land and did not drive further in too because of the muddy road.

Once we reached my aunt Sandra's house, my mum could not stand any longer the temptation of the buah rimuk smell and we ate up 2 buah rimuk and 1 durian. We leave the rest for dessert after dinner. Hahahaha ~

A simple but interesting and happy day with my family. Were discussing with my parents to bring my friends from semenanjung to our kampung, Bario. Looking forward !!

Comments

  1. I didn't finish reading, as usual, bloody lengthy blog! seriously! worse than me!
    anyway, I didn't know you have farm? and how many farms does your dad actually own? why not sell it? make money then can come here visit your beloved cousin - me! *shy*
    it's funny how you lot were supposed to visit your nan, then turned out going to your farm =_=
    eh~ what is langsat by the way? @@

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg ... u don't know what is langsat ?? i'll take a bigger picture and show you ...

    the blog is lengthy for sure ... i wrote down every detail of our trip ! It was exciting the whole way through that i simply can't miss out the whole thing ... ur just lazy to read it ... if not what do you expect ? how should i make this blog about the trip short ? sugggestion ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahhahahaah
    thanks for the close up pic of langsat =_=
    aren't they small small one?
    I know liao :D thanks cousin muacks! haven't had that in ages!

    hahaha what la...
    just write down significant moments lo...
    you write too long might bore your visitors =x which might also decrease your visitor counts haha but you will always have me visiting your blog cousin *shy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's kinda hard for me to do that then ~ hahaha ! I'm used to writing long stories ... especially in exams when we are asked to write essays ... always exceed word count required !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AM i in time to regret ?

Angry-G

情绪