The Virus

I'm still on sick leave. From 28/2/2012 till 6/3/2012 (inclusive).
Just started work for almost 1 week and now i am on sick leave for 1 week. What a GOOD START *sigh*
I was admitted to the hospital on 28th night with a swollen leg and a sprained ankle and 39 degree of high fever.
How did things got so out of control ... i also wonder ...

The doctor said that it all started from the virus infection at my throat.
I realized that because i have this swollen lymphanode at my left side of the throat for almost 2 weeks.
I thought it was just because of the heat ... but it turned out to be virus infection !
I neglected the symptom and just kept drinking water to cool my body down.
Then i start having fever on and off ... i shrugged it away too thinking it's because of the heat too.

Then one fine monday ... i hurt my right ankle. I just accidentally kicked my right ankle with my left leg.
THAT'S ALL !! Just 3 kicks on the exact same spot of the ankle ... so it got blue black lo ~

Then the nightmare started ....


that's how small the initial bump is ... just a small bruise ... so all i did was went to buy ZAMBUK and rub it on.


Day 3, 4 and 5 is the days my leg was bandaged. I even asked for 1 day sick leave after getting my leg bandaged by the chinese medicine ... and on that day itself i was in high fever ... it's the first time in my life i actually finished a row of panadol ... (because i hate taking pills) ...

On day 5, i went back to the chinese doctor twice ... the first time was to open the 3 days bandage and change a new one. By that time, my leg was still swollen and the bruise moved to the other side of the ankle even ... i felt weird but the doctor said that it's healing ... so i didn't mind much ...

So i met a friend for dinner that night and planned to find another chinese doctor to help me relieve myself from the heatiness of my body .... in chinese it's called 刮痧 (gua sha) ... where you make ur whole back blue black to release the heatiness ... it's consider as a fast way to heal if your body is really heaty ... During dinner, i had no appetite at all ... i hadn't been eating much lately ... lost my appetite and continous headache from the fever ... the swollen lymphanode is also making me feel very uneasy because my throat starts to get sore as well ... After dinner, i almost couldn't walk. I can't even step with my right foot anymore. My friend practically had to be my 'tongkat' ... so i suggested that we go back to the chinese doctor again and ask him to loosen the bandage ... because i thought that the bandage is the one that makes my foot in pain ...

After the chinese doctor examine, he said that he didn't bandage my foot tightly ... it's very loose. So he suggested that i go to a clinic and ask for antibiotics because he suspect that my leg is already infected inside.

Upon reaching the clinic, i couldn't even walk ... my left leg is in great pain as well as i was using it too much ... i even sprained it and it started to swell as well ... =.=" ... the pain is so unbearable ... after taking my number and waiting in agony, finally it's my turn ... the doctor asked me to open the bandage and after checking my blood pressure and temperature, he asked me if i have a medical card ... and then ask me to prepare to be admitted to the hospital @.@ !! Me and my friend was like : WHAT ?! that serious ??

So i went home to take some stuff ... and headed towards the hospital. It was 1am in the morning ... i totally could not walk anymore ... my headache is very severe and i am feeling very sick ... i was sent to the emergency ward in a wheelchair ... the coldness of the emergency ward was making the pain in my leg WORST !! I kept asking for a blanket to cover up my feet ... as my feet was in agonizing pain ! it's like there is something inside my skin eating up the muscles in my leg !


this is how my feet looks like while i was at the emergency ward .. it got swollen so big that i feel like my skin is gonna burst ! The red rashes came out of nowhere ...

So i was sent for x ray and then put into the emergency bay ... while waiting for the approval of the medical card to get through. Luckily ING is quite efficient ... after giving me panadols, taking my blood ( OUCH ! this hurts !! ) and inserting the tube into my arms ... i was pushed to my ward on the bed ... the nurse did not bother to ask me to sit on a wheelchair because she knew that i couldn't walk at all ... AND ... the experience of lying down on a bed and being pushed all the way to the ward is .. sooooooo ... like the movie moh !! Looking up the ceiling and watching the light pass by ... like i am going into the operation room ... OMG ... scary and exciting as well ... hahahaha !


2 tubes going into my blood stream at the same time. 1 for antibiotics ... 1 for glucose ... pain xia !

I asked for a 2 person shared room ... i was alone for that night ... it was 4am when i was finally able to lie down and rest ... after the nurses did their routine check up on me ... i finally got some sleep at around 5am ...  but i was awake occasionally to take my breakfast and eat my medicine ... and check my blood pressure and body temperature. They have this special device where they stick on my body so that they can monitor my temperature from the counter outside. Cool ~


I have a personal remote control to call the nurse, on the tv, change channel, on and off the light. ^.^ heaven


the condition of my leg when i finally get settled down.


rashes starts to appear on both legs. The ankle looks kind of deformed.


Leg looks like elephant ! I can only move around in crutches ... still unable to step at all.


Leg still very swollen ...

The day i finally can be discharged. The leg is still swollen but i can step down with my leg. I don't need crutches anymore. I was suppose to take a cab back home ... but maybe God heard my prayers ... and understands how lonely and helpless i felt ... that He let me accidentally met up with my ex-housemate from Malacca who was at the hospital at that very moment and saw me at the discharge counter ... in pain and helpless ... trying to pick up my luggage and head to the pharmacy to collect my medicine ...

She has always been a very caring friend ... so she offered to send me home when she knows that i was gonna take a cab back home all by myself. I felt joyful .... i felt happiness .... i am very much grateful as well. Thank you so much for not abandoning me Lord. At first i felt quite emo ... but this incident made me feel so happy and contented !


It's also the first time i experience not being able to take bath for 4 days .... !! Hahahaha !! This is my look without bath for 3 days .... eeewww ~ BUT i was not smelly ok .... because i use wet tissue to clean myself everyday ! hahahha ~

MORAL of this incident :

1. MEDICAL CARD is soooooooo important !! Thank God i have a medical card !! Or else the RM4700 of hospital stay .... i don't know where i wanna get the money from !!

2. BE CAREFUL of roadside stalls food. I think i got the virus infection because i bought food from hawker stalls at genting klang area. I remember that i started to get my swollen lymphanode during my stay there. So the virus must have got into my body through the food.

3. when there is high fever because of your wound ... BE ALERT. get to a doctor immediately. I ALMOST had to undergo operation on my ankle because of this ... the doctor said that i was LUCKY that i came to the  hospital earlier ... or else ... if the infection gets into the ankle joint ... then they would have to operate my leg ... then i won't be able to walk for almost a month ... which means no exercise for almost half a year !! THANK GOD !!!

I sanitized my whole room with dettol yesterday ... just to be cautious ... because this incident really SCARES me a lot. I am definitely gonna avoid hawker food from now on. For the sake of saving a few ringgit and cause myself to be hospitalized for a few thousand ringgit .... ITS NOT WORTH IT AT ALL .... so ... better be safe than sorry !! ^.^

That's all for now ... signing off !

Comments

  1. Gosh

    Like I already knew the story line while reading it

    Like something or someone is repeating the same thing

    HahA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AM i in time to regret ?

Angry-G

情绪