xiawhuaidan's graduation ! ... Part 1

*lining up* ... *shuffling robe, fixing bonet (that's the name for the square hat we wear, i know it sounds like car bonet... i no understand why (~.~) )

Speaker : Graduan Jurusan Undang-undang, Bachelor of Law (Honours), Angellie Stephen Raja

*walk... walk... walk...*

New Chancellor (Tun Zaki) : Congratulations Girl. Well done.

Xiawhuaidan : Thank You Sir !! *blush* ... *receive scroll with ULTIMATE happiness inside of me*

*keep reminding myself to look into the camera and smile while walking down the stage because later on the stage picture doesn't look nice and there's NO SECOND CHANCE if you happen to SNEEZE there and then... and your face will look forever weirdo and fugly in the RM80 stage graduation photo take... ... (arghh... stress!!)*

On the way walking down, my eyes started scanning among the crowd for dad and mum. *scan... scan...* then i saw a cute face poking her head up and waving at me... Mummy !! and daddy is holding up his video camera beside her... Awwww !! He remembered to record !!

(But alas, he only started recording AFTER i received the scroll ... damn sad wey ... ROBSON fault la !! Calling my dad at the wrong time... ish !!)

When i sit down at my place, the first thing i did was switch my "little hanging thing" from the right to left. This means that i have received my scroll and graduated officially !!

After being released from the Convocation Hall, it's photo time !!!
(caption of photo is placed below each photo.)


 Caption : My scroll and event book.



Caption : The RAJA Family.



 Caption : Daddy and Mummy


Caption : Brother and Sister


 Caption : A look alike pose with my kindergarden graduation photo. Hahahaha ~


 Caption : Mr and Mrs Raja. Dad's retake of his convocation potrait.


Caption : His good looking son and his flighty and funny daughter


 Caption : Like Father Like Daughter (^.^) he has waited a long time in Facebook for me to post this photo. hahahaha !! Sorry dad !! A bit busy !!


 Caption : My Bestest Friends in MMU !!


Caption : Coursemates !!


Caption : Ex housemates !! Miss ya all neh !!


Caption : Love this pic .. but can't see me !! Half covered !! hahahaha ...


Caption : From my right, Neo, Gervenne and Roger (Can i say the handsomes and the Beautifuls ? hahaha)


Caption : Selene Phua - the 1st class student


Caption : Nenek Juza !!


Caption : Running man from Melaka, Gaylie ? 


Caption : From left, Roger, Me, Fateen (the super cute and hilarious girl), Neo


Caption : with Mamat and Kaisha !


Caption : sarawakians !! ^.^


Caption : Mei Ying ~


Caption : Pang "shao bing"


 Caption : FINALLY !!


My graduation speech as below:

"Daddy, i am where i am today because of you. It was you who lead me to take my first step into the field of Law. Never have i considered or even imagined that i could be where i am now. You were the one who had the confidence in me, and the confidence you had in me is even more than what i thought of myself. I still remember our conversation when we discuss about what subject am i to choose.

Me: i don't want to take law. Not law. It's not for me. I am the lecturer type or outgoing adventurous type. So i would prefer subjects like human resource, hospitality and management, tourism, event management.

Dad: Convince me then. If you cannot convince me why choosing those subjects are better than choosing Law, then you better take Law.

Me: ... ... *speechless* ... ... (all i could think of is because i like these subjects, because it's more fun than Law, which i think is a lame reason. duuhhh ....) ...

Dad: Just try it out first. If you really cannot make it, then i allow you to drop it. But don't give up before you even try.

Me: Ok. I'll give it a try. But can i be a law lecturer?

Dad: You get through it first laah ...

So that's how i prepared myself for the journey and challenge in Melaka Multimedia University, Foundation in Law. I definitely did well and got first class in the 1st year. But as the stress came, the result started going down and i started to feel stressed out and worried that i couldn't make it. But just as i was giving up, you said this :

" We never wanted you to push yourself so hard and get 1st class, if you can do it, then that's good. But if you couldn't, then it's fine, all you need to push yourself to do is pass it. THAT'S ALL."

This phrase stuck in my head for the rest of the 3 years in the University. It was these words that made me able to enjoy my study and at the same time my university life. I believe that you knew i would change throughout these years. You knew i would not just aim to be a lecturer. You knew that i would somehow wake up and realize that the world outside is not as easy or beautiful as i think and to survive, you need to achieve something more.

Thanks Dad. I didn't just learn about Law or high pay. I also learn that those famous and rich people, to get to where they are, they went through tough times and struggle through lots of hardship. But at the end of the day, what you get is appreciated more than those who earned it through nothing. I believe this is one of the lesson in life that you want me to realize.

You are a very wise and caring dad. There's no amount of money that i could give to repay you. I would be smarter and wiser to achieve success in what i am doing. I will make you proud. I love you so much !!"

... to be continued in Part 2!! Stay tuned !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AM i in time to regret ?

Angry-G

情绪